Nigerian Mathematics in Industry Study Group (NIGMISG) Workshop/Conference
Theme: Fostering Collaborative Research between Academia and Industry: Mathematics as a tool for solving Real-life Problems
- Mathematics in Oil and Gas (Fluid Mechanics)
- Mathematics in Engineering Problems (Modelling)
- Real-life Optimization Problems
- Financial Mathematics Modelling (including using statistical tools)
Date: September 24 – 26, 2018
Venue: CUCRID Building, Covenant University, Canaan Land, Ota, Nigeria
CHIEF HOST: Prof. AAA. Atayero, Vice-Chancellor, Covenant University, Ota.
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: Professor Stephen Ejugwu Onah, Director and Chief Executive, National Mathematical Centre, Abuja.
- Foster active collaboration, knowledge and technology transfer between academic mathematicians, statisticians, engineers, physical scientists and other interest groups and industries within Nigeria.
- Proffer research-led solution paths to mirage of problems facing governments, communities
and industries in the country
- Encourage active involvement of academics and industry in industrial-based research and supervision that will lead eventually to practical solutions to identified problems.
- Proffer solutions and insights into existing industrial problems
- Establish lasting and productive working links with mathematicians, statisticians, engineers and the physical scientists and the industries
- Expand employment opportunities and company profiles with postgraduate students
- Stimulate greater awareness in the wider community on the power of mathematics in providing solution paths to real-world problems
- Computer Scientists
- Researchers in other fields related to mathematics
- Research and Development (R & D) Staff from Industries/Organizations
- Personnel from National Laboratories
- Postgraduate Students
Each abstract must indicate clearly and precisely the major points of interest, the novelty of the research. It should be original and contain an introductory part, methodology, results (or expected results) and conclusion. In addition to the technical content, the abstract should contain the following information:
- Title of paper
- Name(s) and affiliation of author(s)
- Full contact details of corresponding author including Email address, Phone and fax numbers.
The language for the oral presentation in the conference is English.
Intending participants may also attend without submitting an abstract paper.
Authors of selected abstracts/papers will be invited to submit their extended works for reviewing and consideration for possible publication in special issues of Journals after the conference. The following outlets are provided for accepted papers:
- Covenant Journal of Physical and Life Sciences (Covenant University-based Journal)
- Covenant Journal of Engineering Technology (Covenant University-based Journal)
- Journal of Informatics and Mathematical Sciences (ISI/Thomson Reuters Indexed) (Article Processing Charges – $ 100)
- Communications in Mathematics and Applications (ISI/Thomson Reuters Indexed) – (Article Processing Charges – $ 100)
All papers will be refereed, and decisions on accepted papers will be communicated to authors after the Conference (early December 2018). Papers submitted to NIGMISG must comply with internationally-accepted standards for research practice and reporting, including data management, figure preparation, reproducibility, and reporting guidelines.
Conference publication committee reserves the right to withdraw any paper that does not meet with international standards.
Workshop/Conference Registration Fee
|Participant – Academic (Early bird)||NGN 20,000||August 31, 2018|
|Participant – Industry (Early bird)||NGN 50,000||August 31, 2018|
|Participant – Academic (Late)||NGN 25,000||September 16, 2018|
|Participant – Industry (Late)||NGN 70,000||September 16, 2018|
|Students||NGN 10,000||August 31, 2018|
Registration Fee covers workshop/conference materials, participation in all sessions of the workshop/conference, participation certificate, lunches and tea breaks.
Bank Details for payment of registration fee
Account Name: Covenant University Mathematics
Account Number: 1021297329
Bank Name: United Bank for Africa (UBA).
All intending participants should fill and submit the registration form through this link http://nigmisg2018.covenantuniversity.edu.ng/registration/ while evidence of payment or transfer should be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Covenant University Guest House will be available at affordable rates. Intending Workshop/Conference attendees are responsible for their own accommodation arrangements.
The following rooms and rate options are available at Covenant University Guest House / Camp House:
|S/N||NAMES OF HOTELS/GUEST HOUSES||RATES/ROOM TYPE (PER NIGHT)|
|1||Covenant University Guest House||Standard Room (NGN 10,000), Mini Suite (NGN 15,000), Executive Suite (NGN 30,000) Deposit (Refundable) (NGN 2,000)|
|2||Camp House (Within Canaanland)||Standard Room (NGN 4,500), Single Room (Hostel Type) (NGN 1,500), Not Applicable Deposit (Refundable) (NGN 2,000)|
Other decent hotels around the workshop/conference venue, which will be available at affordable rates are as follows:
Grand Bank Link Hotels
PMC Prestige Hotels
Prowess Hotel & Suites Ltd.
- Professor Thron Christopher, Texas AT&M University, Central Texas, USA
- Professor Masood Khalique, Norht-West University, South Africa
- Professor Olabode M. Bamigbola, University of Ilorin, Ilorin, Nigeria
- Dr. Osalusi Emmanuel, Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Ltd.
- Dr. Gideon Fareo, University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa
For more information, contact the Organizing Committee through: email@example.com